Senior Farmer's Market Vouchers
Senior Farmer’s Market Vouchers
This year to avoid long lines on distribution days, eligible Carter County seniors will call to schedule an appointment to pick up their Farmer’s Market voucher card. (If you have a card from last year, you will still need to schedule an appointment to have your card reactivated for 2023.)
Steps to sign up for 2023 voucher cards:
- Call 474-6686 between the hours of 8:30 AM-4:00 PM on June 6th or June 7th. (No appointments will be issued before 8:30 AM on June 6th.)
- We’ll need to know the following information:
- Number in Household
- If you received a card last year and if you still have that card.
- We’ll schedule an appointment for you to sign the paperwork and pick up a new card (if necessary). Appointments will be scheduled for June 15th in Grayson at the Extension Office Education Building and June 16th in the back parking lot of Olive Hill Elementary School.
- Show up at your appointment time with proof of identification. There is no need to show up early. Once you have an appointment time, you are guaranteed to receive a voucher card if you show up for your appointment.
The purpose of the Kentucky Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) is to gain market access for farmers as well as improving nutrition of low-income families by providing them better access to fresh fruits and vegetables. Funding for Kentucky's program comes from federal and state resources. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) serves as the lead agency for SrFMNP. This year, seniors will be provided with a $50 debit card that can be used to purchase fresh, unprocessed, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs at State-approved farmers' markets. The Grayson Farmer’s Market is located in the shed behind the Extension Office (94 Fairground Drive) and will open on July 8th. The Olive Hill Market is located in the Save-a-Lot parking lot (131 Jessica Lane) and will open on July 1st.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SENIOR PARTICIPANTS
- 60 + at day of issuance
- Must provide proof of age.
60 Years of Age and Older Based on 185 % Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
Senior participants will self-declare their income which is less than or equal to 185% of the poverty level.
Participants may only sign up for vouchers once each summer. Vouchers will be distributed on a first come-first served basis by calling to request an appointment on June 6th or 7th. Appointments will not be issued prior to June 6th.
You must live in Carter County to receive vouchers in Carter County.